- Specialities Haematology, Chemical Pathology
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton) 01444 476 732 (Haywards Heath)
- Year of first qualification 1990
- Email email@example.com (Brighton) HaywardsHeath.firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 3478703
- Fax 01273 627 003 (Brighton) 01444 476 778 (Haywards Heath)
Dr Dalley was appointed as a consultant haematologist in 2004 having completed his postgraduate training at St Bartholomew’s Hospital London, and a Leukaemia and Bone Marrow Transplant Fellowship in Vancouver Canada. He maintains a specialist interest in haemato-oncology and has published research and clinical papers on leukaemia, myelodysplasia, and other haematological cancers in peer reviewed journals.
Dr Dalley moved to Brighton in 2012 and prior to his appointment he worked as a haemato-oncologist and bone marrow transplant consultant in Sheffield where he developed and led the Haemato-Oncology Diagnostic Service (HODS) one of first integrated diagnostic laboratory for haematological cancer in the UK. He was lead clinician for acute leukaemias and myelodysplasia, and the cancer network lead clinician for haematological cancer. He also established novel ambulatory care treatments for patients haematological cancer and was awarded a Health Foundation Shine award for this work in 2011.
He is a member of the UK Myelodysplasia Executive and the UK NEQAS Leucocyte Immunophenotyping Committee
- Weekly Monday from 18:30 (Brighton)
- By arrangement (Haywards Health)
- Consultant Haematologist, University Hospital Southampton (UHS)
- Myeloproliferative disorders
- Anaemias and other cytopenias
- Coagulation and Thrombophilia
- Diagnostic Haematology
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow Royal College of Pathologists
- UK Myelodysplasia Executive
- UK NEQAS Leucocyte Immunophenotyping Executive
- Medical Defence Union
Dr Dalley has presented clinical and laboratory research as posters and oral presentations in national and national meetings including the American Society of Hematology and has published manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals.
For his medical doctorate he evaluated two molecular cytogenetic techniques to assess their diagnostic utility in patients with acute myeloid leukaemia. He analysed clinical outcomes of older patients with acute myeloid leukaemia who were treated at St Bartholomew’s hospital over a 30 year period to determine the clinical and laboratory factors that influenced cure rates.
He currently participates in national clinical trials for patients with haematological cancer, and is a member of the NCRN- myelodysplasia sub-group.
DeclarationDr Christopher Dalley works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP International
Dr Christopher Dalley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Christopher Dalley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Christopher Dalley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.