Dr Chris Pepper was appointed Consultant Cardiologist in Leeds in 2001.He qualified with Honours from Birmingham University in 1989. Dr Pepper completed his MD at the University of Wales College of Medicine in Cardiff in 1994 and subsequently trained in Cardiology in West Yorkshire and Sydney, Australia.
Dr Pepper's particular interest and expertise is in the management of cardiac rhythm problems, including the use of catheter ablation in the treatment of arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation.He is also interested in the use of pacemakers and implantable defibrillators and biventricular pacing therapy for heart failure, having introduced this technology to Leeds in 2002.
Dr Pepper specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Balloon Coronary Angioplasty
- Cardiac Electrophysiology and Ablation
- Cardiac Pacing (Pacemakers)
- Event Monitor
- Interventional Cardiology
- Mitral Valve Balloon Dilation
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram (TTE)
Dr Pepper in the News
Dr Chris Pepper features in The Daily Mail's Good Doctors Guide: read the guide.
Dr Chris Pepper is married to a local General Practitioner and their daughter was born in York in 1997. When time allows he enjoys hill walking, music and watching rugby.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Chris Pepper at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Cardiac electrophysiology and ablation
- Mitral valve balloon dilation
- Interventional cardiology
Research interests include pacemaker therapy for heart failure.
- Member of British Cardiac Society
- Member of Heart Rhythm UK
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London
- Member of the British Cardiovascular Society
- Member of the AF Association
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
Insurers Dr Chris Pepper works with
Dr Chris Pepper works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Chris Pepper has the following interest in this hospital/ another Nuffield Health hospital or the company:
Mr Pepper has indicated that he has invested in the Nuffield Health Bond marketed in 2013.
Dr Chris Pepper does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Chris Pepper does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.