Dr Benjamin Wakerley is a leading neurologist based in Oxford and Gloucestershire. He specialises in diagnosing and treating all kinds of headaches, including migraines, cluster headaches and chronic headaches, as well as other neurological disorders. He runs a private practice focusing on treating headaches, and in 2014 he established a new specialist headache clinic in Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.
Dr Wakerley qualified in medicine from Imperial
College School of Medicine, London, and completed training in neurology in both
London and Oxford. He also spent two years in Singapore at the National
University Hospital as part of his neurology registrar training. He has a PhD
in molecular immunology and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
(FRCP). He is actively involved in research, having published a number of
papers, and is involved in ongoing clinical trials for headaches.
- Chronic Headache
- Post-traumatic headache
- General Neurology
Dr Wakerley is a senior clinic research fellow at the University of Oxford and has published a number of research papers, many of them on headache.
He is chief investigator for a number of projects at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital and works in close collaboration with the University of Gloucestershire.
- Association of British Neurologists
- South West of England Neurosciences Association
- British Association for the Study of Headache
Other post held
- Consultant Neurologist, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Headache Lead, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Research Lead for Medicine, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Honorary Consultant Neurologist, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Benjamin Wakerley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Benjamin Wakerley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Benjamin Wakerley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.