Dr Babu Krishnan graduated from Dr MGR Medical University, India in 1999. He completed his postgraduate training in general medicine from the same university in 2003 and membership of the Royal College of Physicians in 2006. He joined the North-East Thames London gastroenterology training programme in 2008. He undertook an advanced endoscopy/hepatobiliary fellowship at University College Hospital London in 2012 and at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital in 2013 before being appointed as a Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist in 2014. In addition to a wide range of gastroenterology conditions he has a specialist interest in benign and malignant biliary and pancreatic diseases and interventional endoscopy including endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Gastroscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Colonoscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Dyspepsia, Hiatus Hernia, Reflux and Helicobacter
- Functional bowel disorders including irritable bowel syndrome
- GI cancer diagnosis
Malayalam & Tamil
- Royal College of Physicians, British Medical Association British Society of Gastroenterology, Medical Protection Society
Other post held
- Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospital
Dr Babu Krishnan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Babu Krishnan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Babu Krishnan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.