Dr Ashley Nisbet is a Consultant Cardiologist with the Bristol Heart Institute, based at Bristol Royal Infirmary. She graduated with commendation from the University of Aberdeen in 2000 and trained in Cardiology in Glasgow. In 2004, she was awarded a British Heart Foundation Scholarship to research electrophysiology of the atrioventricular node, and achieved a PhD from the University of Glasgow in 2008.
She trained in advanced heart rhythm management in the Golden Jubilee National Hospital in Glasgow and before spending two years in fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing in the internationally renowned Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia. She was appointed as a Consultant in Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology at the Bristol Heart Institute in 2014.
Dr Nisbet offers treatment for all types of
cardiac rhythm abnormalities, cardioversions, ablation of simple and complex
cardiac arrhythmias, pacemaker implantation and implantable cardioverter
defibrillators. Her particular expertise is in ablation of complex atrial
arrhythmias including SVT, atrial fibrillation and arrhythmias in adults with
congenital heart disease, as well as ablation of ventricular tachycardia. She
also offers assessment and treatment of patients and families affected by
sudden death and inherited cardiac arrhythmias, such as long QT and Brugada
syndrome. General cardiology referrals (chest pain, hypertension, faints and
funny turns, palpitations) are also accepted.
- Heart Rhythm problems (palpitations, irregular heartbeats, skipped or missed beats, faints, blackouts, funny turns).
- Cardioversions, ablation of simple and complex cardiac arrhythmias, pacemaker implantation and implantable cardioverter defibrillators. Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), atrial fibrillation (AF) atrial flutter, ectopic beats, ventricular tachycardia.
- Assessment and treatment of patients and families affected by sudden death and inherited cardiac arrhythmias, such as long QT and Brugada syndrome.
- General cardiology referrals (chest pain, hypertension (high blood pressure), faints and funny turns, palpitations) are also accepted.
Dr Nisbet is committed to education and the development of doctors in training and is the current Training Programme Director for Cardiology in Severn Region, as well as leading the undergraduate cardiology unit for the University of Bristol Medical School South Bristol Academy.
She is elected to the European Heart Rhythm Association Electrophysiology Certification examination question writing committee.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Ashley Muir Nisbet at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator and cardiac resynchronisation therapy
- Event monitor
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Cardiac electrophysiology study and catheter ablation
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Interspinous implant
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- British Heart Rhythm Society - elected council member
- British Cardiovascular Society
- European Heart Rhythm Association
- European Cardiac Society
- Heart Rhythm Society
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist and Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Bristol Heart Institute, Bristol Royal Infirmary
Insurers Dr Ashley Muir Nisbet works with
Dr Ashley Muir Nisbet works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- The Exeter Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Ashley Muir Nisbet does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Ashley Muir Nisbet does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Ashley Muir Nisbet does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.