- Specialities Clinical oncology, Neuro-oncology, Oncology
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton) 01444 456 999 Ext 338 (Haywards Heath) 07411 667771 (Medical Secretary Mandy Lynch)
- Year of first qualification 1995
- Email email@example.com / HaywardsHeath.firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- GMC Number 4197038
- Fax 01444 476 778 (Haywards Heath) 01273 627003 (Brighton)
• Cancer of Unknown Primary (CUP) and Metastatic Cancer of unknown origin (MUO) –assessing & investigating patients who present with new suspected diagnosis of ‘metastatic cancer of unidentified primary site’, seen on imaging (Xrays/scans) – looking for the primary site of cancer using appropriate streamlined investigations in a timely manner, and assessing fitness for oncological treatments. She also treats patients with CUP with palliative chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
• Neuro-Oncology: Oncological management of brain and spinal cord tumours, using both chemotherapy &radiotherapy treatments.
Dr Creak was appointed as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist in August 2011 at Brighton specialising in Neuro-Oncology & Acute Oncology/ Cancer of unknown primary.
She qualified in 1995 from Charing Cross & Westminster medical school. After completing her general medical training, she then commenced her specialist training in Oncology in 1999 (at Charing Cross Hospital/ Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford / Royal Marsden Hospital).
- Monday evening by arrangement (Brighton)
- Thursday & Friday evening (by arrangement at Haywards Heath)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Sussex Cancer Centre, Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal College of Radiologists
Prior to her consultant appointment, Dr Creak worked as a senior clinical research fellow on the Academic Urology unit at the Royal Marsden hospital undertaking research in prostate cancer and gaining further experience of innovative radiotherapy techniques.
Randomised pilot study of dose escalation using conformal radiotherapy in prostate cancer: long-term follow-up. Creak A, Hall E, Horwich A, Eeles R, Khoo V, Huddart R, Parker C, Griffin C, Bidmead M, Warrington J, Dearnaley D. Br J Cancer. 2013 Aug 6;109(3):651-7
DNA fusion-gene vaccination in patients with prostate cancer induces high-frequency CD8(+) T-cell responses and increases PSA doubling time. Chudley L, McCann K, Mander A, Tjelle T, Campos-Perez J, Godeseth R, Creak A, Dobbyn J, Johnson B, Bass P, Heath C, Kerr P, Mathiesen I,
Dearnaley D, Stevenson F, Ottensmeier C., Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2012 Nov;61(11):2161-70
Radiotherapy planning in high grade Gliomas: A survey of current UK practice, Creak AL, Tree A, Saran F. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2011 Apr;23(3):189-98.
Treatment of recurrent Head and Neck cancer: - Reirradiation or chemotherapy?, A L Creak, K Harrington, C Nutting, Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2005 May;17(3):138-47.
DeclarationDr Antonia Creak works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Antonia Creak does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Antonia Creak does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Antonia Creak does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.