Andrew is an Associate Professor of Uro-Oncology within the University of Oxford Department of Oncology at the Oxford Cancer and Haematology Centre. He is a highly experienced Consultant Medical Oncologist specialising in managing urological cancer (prostate, kidney, bladder and testicular cancer) at Oxford since 2001. He qualified from St Thomas’s Hospital in London and after general medical training in London, trained in Oncology at St James’s University Hospital in Leeds. His PhD was in tumour immunology and the research was based at Leeds and the National Cancer Institute in Amsterdam as an Honorary ICRF Clinical Research fellow funded by a Northern and Yorkshire research award.
He specialises in managing and overseeing patients with urological cancer providing specialised expert care to patients and their families covering all aspects of chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, immunotherapy, radium 223, growth inhibitors and novel therapies.
He is one of the
founding trustees for a urological cancer charity UCARE http://www.ucare-oxford.org.uk/ which supports research and awareness. He was also instrumental in
setting up the kidney cancer support group (FROG), and helped to develop the
prostate and bladder cancer support groups and set up initiatives to support
men with testicular cancer.
In addition to the treatments listed below, Professor Andrew Protheroe also offers
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors
- Targeted Therapies
- Clinical Trials
- Testicular Cancer
- Personalised medicine for urological cancers
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Andrew Protheroe at Nuffield Health
- Head and neck oncology
- Drug therapy
- Breast ultrasound
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- British Medical Association
- Association of Clinical Pathologists
- British Association for Cancer Research
- The British Society for Immunology
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Associate Professor of Uro-Oncology University of Oxford
- Consultant Oncologist Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Lecturer in Medicine Worcester College University of Oxford
- Co-Clinical Director NIHR LCRN Thames Valley and South Midlands
Insurers Professor Andrew Protheroe works with
Professor Andrew Protheroe works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Aviva Health
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Andrew Protheroe does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Andrew Protheroe does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Andrew Protheroe does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.