Dr di Mambro trained in the Severn Deanery which included studying for a Medical Doctorate from the University of Bristol. She has maintained an interest in academic medicine throughout her career and developed expertise in the management of steroid resistant inflammatory bowel disease and the management of alcoholic liver disease. She has also been involved in research on microscopic colitis and the use of probiotics in the management of infective colitis. She has a special interest in Clinical Nutrition and Intestinal Failure as well as the use of dietary manipulation for the management of common GI complaints such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. She is Clinical Lead for Nutrition in Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Dr di Mambro has been independently practicing endoscopy since 2006 and is competent in diagnostic and therapeutic upper endoscopy and colonoscopy performing over 400 procedures per year within the NHS. She runs weekly clinics in general gastroenterology as well as dedicated nutrition clinics each month. She enjoys working on service development for the benefit of her patients and is currently involved in setting up a direct access IBS dietetic service within the Trust. She is also establishing an in-patient nutrition team to manage patients with intestinal failure, post-operative GI complications and complications of cancer therapy.
Nutrition and intestinal failure
Inflammatory bowel disease
Steroid resistance (research interest MD University of Bristol)
Alcoholic Hepatitis (research interest MD University of Bristol)
- Medical education - director for foundation training
Music, theatre, English literature and cooking for friends.
Sport including netball and skiing.
Owns an unreasonable number of recipe books, a dog and three chickens.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Alexandra di Mambro at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Colorectal surgery
- University of Bristol 2007-2009 – Medical Doctorate on intracellular mechanisms of steroid resistance with clinical translation in patients with inflammatory bowel disease and severe alcoholic hepatitis
- High dose VSL#3 pro-biotic for the management of C Difficile Colitis – Bristol Royal Infirmary – 2006-2010
- Microscopic colitis - 2004-2006 – laboratory based research to determine distribution of histological changes and the best mode of investigation to speed diagnosis and optimize management
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
Other post held
- Consultant Gastroenterologist at Cheltenham General Hospital
- Clinical Lead for Nutrition
- Foundation Programme Director
Insurers Dr Alexandra di Mambro works with
Dr Alexandra di Mambro works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Dr Alexandra di Mambro does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Alexandra di Mambro does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Alexandra di Mambro does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.