Dr Adrian Winbow is a general adult consultant psychiatrist at Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells Hospital and specialises in the treatment of:
- Affective disorders including depression
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Eating disorders
- Alcohol misuse and addictions
- Anxiety disorders and phobias
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Psychotic disorders and personality disorders
Dr Winbow has over 30 years’ experience as a general adult consultant psychiatrist within the NHS and private sectors. He became a consultant in 1978 and worked at Basildon NHS Hospital until 1986 when he made the move to private practice. He has held positions as a Medical Director within the Priory and Cygnet Groups before his current position.
Dr Winbow is a member of the General Medical Council’s panel of Psychiatric Examiners and Assessors and sits on Fitness to Practice Panels as a Specialist Advisor. He is also Medical Advisor for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales, a Clinical Advisor at the General Pharmaceutical Council and a Specialist Advisor for the Care Quality Commission.
Affective disorders (depression, anxiety), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, ME, addictions, psychosis, cognitive behavioural therapy, hypnotherapy, EMDR.
Dr Winbow is married with three adult children and enjoys flying, the theatre, opera and travelling.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Adrian Winbow at Nuffield Health
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Federation of Independent Practitioners Organisation
- Independent Doctors Federation
- Association for European Psychiatrists
Other post held
- Consultant Psychiatrist and Medical Director, Private Psychiatry, LLP
Insurers Dr Adrian Winbow works with
Dr Adrian Winbow works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Benenden Health
Dr Adrian Winbow does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Adrian Winbow does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Adrian Winbow does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.