- 3 large Butternut Squash / Peeled, deseeded & cut into 1inch cubes
- 4 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- 1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 litres gluten free vegetable stock.
- 6 garlic cloves / crushed
- 1 medium size chilli / finely chopped
- 2 large carrots / chopped
- 2 large potatoes / peeled and chopped
- 2 large onions / peeled and chopped
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic, chilli, paprika, chilli powder and cumin seeds .
- Heat for 1 minute to release the flavours in the spices...do not over heat or colour.
- Add the squash, potatoes, carrots and onions and coat in the spiced oil and cook for five minutes to add a little colour .
- Now simply add the stock, leave to simmer for 45 minutes – 1 hour, until the vegetables have softened and the spices have infused.
- Allow to cool before blending, blend to a smooth consistency.
- If too thick add a little more stock until you have the required consistency.
- Re-heat and serve.
Try with a drizzle of chilli oil to give a real kick or a drizzle of crème fraiche to cool the spice . Remember if serving as gluten free please keep away from bread or croutons.
Last updated Thursday 21 November 2019