Healthy weight programme
Attaining a healthy weight can be one of life’s great challenges. That’s why Nuffield Health is exploring new ways to help you do just that.
We’re looking for volunteers in Glasgow and Newcastle to join a study group comparing different weight loss programmes. All successful volunteers joining the 12-week programme will be rewarded with free access to our state-of-the-art Fitness and Wellbeing Gyms in Glasgow Central or Gosforth for 15 months including ongoing Health MOTs and Assessments.
To enquire, fill out the form below, email us at ResearchGroup@nuffieldhealth.com or visit us at Glasgow Central Fitness and Wellbeing Gym or Gosforth Fitness and Wellbeing Gym. Please read the exclusion criteria below first to avoid disappointment.
Am I eligible for the study?
You are eligible to take part in this study if:
- You are aged between 18 and 50 years old
- Your BMI at least 30 but less than 40 (if you are unsure of your BMI please have your approximate height and weight measurements available on the call)
- You are able to visit Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Gym Glasgow Central or Gosforth 3-4 times per week for the duration of the study and available for a follow-up assessment one week after study ends
- You are not currently a member of a Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Gym
- You do not currently take part in regular exercise
- You are not currently dieting and haven't within the last six months
- Please be ready to inform the operator of any pre-existing medical conditions, medications and medical history. Your answers may exclude you from participating.
What happens next?
Places in the programme are limited and not all applicants will be accepted. If you are invited to join the programme a non-invasive health check will be carried out. The results may exclude you from the study.
Participants will be allocated to one of three groups, each will experience slightly different weight loss interventions.
Who’s running this study and why?
This study is a collaboration between the Nuffield Health Research Group (NHRG) and the University of Bath.
The NHRG is a body that includes research, wellbeing and clinical experts who collaborate with partner organisations including NGOs, healthcare partners and universities. The Group is committed to furthering clinical knowledge and developing enhanced programmes based on research data. The Group's findings are made publicly available for the betterment of the health of everyone in the UK.
Want to take part in the study?
Fill out your details below.
Thank you! We'll be in touch.