Nuffield Hospitals offers dedicated cardiology services for the assessment and treatment of cardiovascular disease. We provide a range of both diagnostic investigations and interventional procedures, which include:
- Echocardiography (Echo) – used to provide information about the structure and mechanical function of the heart.
- Cardiac event recorder – used to record the activity of the heart over a longer period of time.
- 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure – gives an overview of all the blood pressure recordings throughout the 24 hour period.
- Chest X-ray – examines the heart, lungs and chest walls.
- Cholesterol and other blood lipids tests
- Coronary angiography (also known as Cardiac Catheterisation) – gives information about the blood pressure inside your heart and how well the pumping chambers and valves are working.
- Coronary angioplasty/Coronary Stenting (also known as Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)) – uses a very small balloon to ‘squash’ the fatty tissue in the narrowed artery, allowing the blood to flow more easily.
- Electrophysiological Studies/Testing – helps diagnose abnormal heart rhythms and identify which area of the heart is affected.
- Implantable Loop Recorders – used to record your heart rhythm continuously for up to 14 months.
- Implantable pacemakers – a device that can control the heart’s rhythm when it beats too slowly.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICD) – a pacemaker device with the ability to treat different types of rhythm disturbances.
- Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy (CRT) – used to deliver electrical impulses to both the right and left ventricles.
For more information or to book an appointment call us on 0845 603 4346 or simply fill out the form on your right and we will all you back.