Nuffield Hospitals offers dedicated cardiology services for the assessment and treatment of cardiovascular disease. We provide a range of both diagnostic investigations and interventional procedures, which include:
- Echocardiography (Echo) – used to provide information about the structure and mechanical function of the heart.
- Cardiac event recorder – used to record the activity of the heart over a longer period of time.
- 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure – gives an overview of all the blood pressure recordings throughout the 24 hour period.
- Chest X-ray – examines the heart, lungs and chest walls.
- Cholesterol and other blood lipids tests
- Coronary angiography (also known as Cardiac Catheterisation) – gives information about the blood pressure inside your heart and how well the pumping chambers and valves are working.
- Coronary angioplasty/Coronary Stenting (also known as Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)) – uses a very small balloon to ‘squash’ the fatty tissue in the narrowed artery, allowing the blood to flow more easily.
- Electrophysiological Studies/Testing – helps diagnose abnormal heart rhythms and identify which area of the heart is affected.
- Implantable Loop Recorders – used to record your heart rhythm continuously for up to 14 months.
- Implantable pacemaker – a device that can control the heart’s rhythm when it beats too slowly.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICD) – a pacemaker device with the ability to treat different types of rhythm disturbances.
- Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy (CRT) – used to deliver electrical impulses to both the right and left ventricles.
For more information or to book an appointment call us on 0845 603 4346 or simply fill out the form on your right and we will all you back.
Heart Disease can be treated at the following locations:open
Promise is valid for patients paying for themselves. Excludes assisted conception and IVF treatments. Your initial consultation and any necessary tests are paid for separately.
* Not including private patient units at NHS hospitals. Local area defined as within 15 miles of the Nuffield Health hospital. We will match against written quotes only.
** Where possible, we promise to assist you to receive any follow up advice, treatment or care that is clinically required from your Consultant for as long as you may require it. If a prosthesis is used as part of your treatment this is guaranteed for the manufacturer’s official lifetime of that prosthesis. “Clinically required” indicates where further intervention and/or monitoring of a patient’s condition is deemed necessary as a direct result of surgical intervention.