FitBack & Bumps
What is FitBack & Bumps?
FitBack & Bumps is a unique educational exercise programme delivered by Chartered Physiotherapists. The programmes have been specifically designed to educate new mums and 'mums to be' about their ever changing body during their childbearing year and to give them the confidence and tools to safely exercise during this challenging time in their lives.
If you have private medical insurance you may even be able to get your classes paid for, due to the medical benefits of undertaking our unique programme. These are ante/postnatal exercise classes with a difference!
Mums need looking after too!
Antenatal/postnatal exercise has always been a bit of a grey area. There are very few qualified professionals out there who are able to offer the right advice on exercise during this time. As a result women often do too much or too little. Statistics show that only around 15% of women exercise to recommended levels during their pregnancy and in their postnatal recovery.
Many women will suffer with aches and pains associated with their pregnancy which may affect them in a number of ways. Lower back pain, pelvic pain and stress incontinence are just a few of the problems that women may suffer from during their childbearing years and the affects can last long after the arrival of their baby.
Physiotherapists with specialised training in this area are in an ideal position to educate and advise women on safe exercising during this time. They can not only tell you why you might be suffering with aches and pains as a result of your pregnancy, but also give you the tools to manage your problems.
There are many benefits of exercise during pregnancy including:
- Helping you to carry the weight you gain during pregnancy
- Preparing you for the physical stress of labour and birth
- Making getting back into shape after your baby is born easier.
Why are we different?
- FitBack & Bumps programmes are run exclusively by Chartered Physiotherapists who have undergone specialised training in this area. Attendees can be reassured they are in very safe hands during this crucial time
- The programmes incorporate education and exercise, making them unique to other classes
- The physiotherapist instructors are not only able to tell the attendees why they might be suffering with aches and pains associated with their pregnancy, but are able to give them the tools and knowledge to help.
Who would be suitable to attend the Antenatal programmes?
- Individuals suffering with pregnancy related aches and pains, such as back and pelvic pain and stress incontinence
- Individuals who are looking to keep active throughout their pregnancy
- Individuals wanting to experience a healthier pregnancy, smoother delivery and quicker postnatal recovery.
Who would be suitable to attend the Postnatal programmes?
- Individuals who have been suffering with aches and pains during pregnancy and after the birth of their baby
- Individuals interested in a faster recovery after the birth
- Individuals wanting to regain their flat tummy post birth
For more info on FitBack & Bumps visit www.fitbackandbumps.co.uk
*We will endeavour to get you an emergency appointment as close as possible to your work or home, however unfortunately we can't guarantee this will be at your closest centre but we'll try our best to accommodate you to help relieve your symptoms as fast and conveniently as possible.
**In 2011 over 57,000 physiotherapy patients were treated and discharged by Nuffield Health with a positive post treatment outcome reported in 76.6% of cases with an average of 5 treatment sessions required per case.