Cardiology at Leeds Hospital
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital offers dedicated cardiology services for the assessment and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Our range of diagnostic investigations and interventional procedures includes:
- Echocardiography (Echo) – provides information about heart structure and mechanical function.
- Stress testing - a test used in medicine and cardiology to measure the heart's ability to respond to external stress in a controlled clinical environment.
- 24 hour ECG analysis.
- Chest X-ray – examines heart, lungs & chest walls.
- Implantable pacemakers – controls the heart’s rhythm when it beats too slowly.
- Coronary angiography (also known as cardiac catheterisation) – gives information about the blood pressure inside your heart and how well its pumping chambers and valves are working.
- Coronary angioplasty/coronary stenting (also known as percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)) – uses a small balloon to ‘squash’ the fatty tissue in the narrowed artery, allowing blood to flow more easily.