CXWORX™ (Average Class; 250 Calories Burned)
A personal training-inspired, scientifically-based workout that challenges you to build and maintain a better shape.
CXWORX™ is a short, sharp, intense, hugely effective 30-minute workout. It was designed by the LES MILLS™ team with a carefully structured and scientific approach to ensure this unforgiving workout tightens and tones your body, improves your core strength and aids injury prevention.
Consisting of a variety of exercises that both isolate and integrate muscles in and around your abs, back and butt, CXWORX™ is proven to be more effective than other traditional core-training classes.
CXWORX™ is a low impact and low cardio class suitable for most participants, all you need to bring along is your strength and lots of determination! Expect inspirational music and motivational instructors to help you through our half hour CXWORX™ sessions.
What can you expect from a CXWORX™ class?
- Our instructor will fully explain which muscle groups make up your core and why training them is so important to your overall fitness. Then you will be taken through a warm-up designed to gradually activate those muscles before the real work begins.
- The workout consists of exercises that both isolate (for example crunches or leg extensions) and integrate (for example standing balance or hovers) various key muscle groups. The workout is aimed to be challenging so you really feel the benefits.
- Before you know it, your half hour is over and your body knows it has been tested, but invigorated (if a little tired), you are probably mentally pencilling in your next CXWORX™ class. We advise that you do not over do any workouts with us and that you allow your body adequate recovery time between classes. This will ensure you avoid injury and reap the full benefits of the training.
What do you need to bring to a CXWORX™ class?
- Comfortable workout clothes
- Comfortable trainers
- A bottle of water
- Determination and a positive attitude
- We’ll provide the resistance tubing.
- Tightens & tones core muscles
- Improves functional strength for balance mobility
- Helps prevent injury.