A little about us
Nuffield Health is the UK’s largest not for profit healthcare organisation. We provide clinical, fitness and wellbeing services to the general public, private organisations and the NHS.
We have been setting the standard in the health sector since 1957. We have a unique approach to improving health in the UK, putting the quality of care and satisfaction of individuals and companies at the heart of what we do and, in the process, improving the health of millions of people.
In 2008 Nuffield Health create a pioneering a new approach to health by integrating prevention, cure and general fitness and wellbeing to ensure our customers benefit from a complete healthcare service. Incorporating fitness and wellbeing centres into our portfolio of hospitals enables us to capitalise on 50 years of clinical expertise and improve proactive health provision in the UK.
Nuffield Health believes that preventative health is the future of healthcare. The NHS will struggle to deliver these services in a way that is meaningful for the UK consumer so it will become essential for individuals to take control of their own health - ideally with the support of their employer. As a not-for-profit organisation, we can re-invest all surplus into helping our clients and members to achieve this.
Those we work with benefit from our pioneering approach which brings together fitness, prevention and cure to create a true end to end service and arm our customers with the support, information and facilities to get healthy – and stay healthy.
Key facts about Nuffield Health
- We run 31 Hospitals (with 1345 beds and 111 theatres)
- We run 65 Fitness & Wellbeing Centres
- We have 5 Medical Centres
- Have over 200 on-site workplace fitness and wellbeing contracts
- We are the UK’s leading employee wellbeing provider
- We have the largest network of physiotherapists (450)
- We run the UK’s largest health assessment programme
- We are the UK’s leading report imaging provider
- We sterilise over 12 million instruments a year
- We have over 20 million member visits a year.
- We are the UK's largest network of not-for-profit independent hospitals with two thirds of the British population within an hour’s drive of a Nuffield Health Hospital.
Helping more than 300,000 people a year
In 2010, we treated 171,000 patients, worked with 130,000 fitness members and supported the wellbeing needs of staff in 1600 corporate companies.
For these customers we delivered:
- More than 171,000 courses of treatment (49% day case, 26% inpatient and 26% surgical outpatient) and these included: 44,000 hip and other orthopaedic procedures, 13,600 ophthalmic procedures such as cataract replacements and 7,450 oncology treatments
- 52,700 MRI or CT scans, using some of the most up-to-date equipment available
- 130,000 radiology examinations
- Almost 12,000 breast scans, many through a visit to our specially designed mobile mammography unit
- 8,000 GP sessions
- 90,000 health assessments
- 50,000 physiotherapy sessions (for 56,000 clients)
- 30,000 visits to our Meet our Experts programme. These provided free access to practitioners and clinicians on themed events such as Hydration, Cancer Awareness, Posture and Stress Management.
More than 10,000 Employees & Partners
- Over 1,700 nurses
- Around 3,000 fitness staff
- 100 physiologists
- Over 250 physiotherapists
- 2,000 physiotherapist partners
- We also work with 3,000+ consultants.
We are Europe’s largest health screener and the UK's largest provider of physiotherapy services outside the NHS.
We are the UK’s largest provider of corporate fitness and have facilities in over 180 sites. We work with companies such as Accenture, Sainsbury’s, Deutsche Bank, Microsoft, British Gas, British Airways, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, Google, BT, Virgin Atlantic and Reuters.
We're award winning
We have won:
- 2010 Health Investor Social Enterprise of the Year
- 2009 Laing and Buisson Award for Risk management
- 2010 Laing and Buisson Award for Management Excellence
- 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Flame Award for Integrated Corporate Wellbeing site
We're here just for you
We stand for:
- The consumer - in supporting competition, fairness and the consumer’s right to choose we champion health as it should be
- Health and wellbeing – we support our customers to achieve success in their health, work and home life.
- Expertise - our people are experts in their fields and provide excellent care and service.
- Social enterprise - Nuffield Health is the largest not for profit healthcare organisation in the UK.